Sunday, August 24, 2008

Greetings Fellow Beaders

Hi, this is Madeline from MI and I am a 'newbie' to this project, although I did follow it vicariously through a fellow guild member who sort of challenged a few of us to get involved. When I saw the info in Beadwork magazine I realized the deadline was fast approaching if I was truly going to commit to this. So far, first challenges overcome, I actually signed up and have figured out how to set up my own blog account so I could post on the BJP 2008-2009 website.

Thus far I have chosen a size/shape for my pieces (4"X 4") and have cut out and begun work on my first page. I have a general concept for the year but it is open to change as the mood and events unfold. For this month I am doing a piece based on the root chakra. It is interesting to see how it is unfolding.

As for a little background of how I got into beading--I started beading roughly 10 years ago and started with stringing. Shortly after I discovered by talent for beading I decided to openly lay claim by joining my local bead guild so I could hang out with other artists. It was there that I then discovered bead embroidery. I have been dabbling in bead embroidery for about eight years now.

6 comments:

The bad Liz said...

Welcome Madeline - you did it!!!

LJeanCreations said...

Welcome Madekine!!!

heidibeads said...

Welcome Madeline - you're not a newbie - you have more experience than me, I started beading with the group last year - first time. It will be fun to see your pages.

freebird said...

You said you started a blog? what's the link?

Blogger said...

Did you know that you can generate cash by locking premium pages of your blog / website?
Simply open an account with AdWorkMedia and use their Content Locking tool.

Blogger said...

Are you monetizing your exclusive file uploads?
Did you know that Mgcash will pay you an average of $500 per 1,000 file downloads?