Monday, September 8, 2008

Mounting/Finishing BJP pieces

I happened across a link I wanted to share with some cool suggestions on mounting fiber collages that may change my BJP plans, as it has opened up some new possibilities and ideas for finishing my BJP pieces.

A call for entries has gone out for next year's Fiberarts For a Cause project - Collage Mania 2009. "All materials are acceptable, but collages must contain some fiber (paper, fabric, or other fibrous material). There are no restrictions on content or style. Art quilts are, of course, acceptable." All entries must measure or be finished to a size of 10x8", but they provide a FAQ on acceptable mounting options if your collage is not 10x8".

By the way, I did finish my first Sept piece, plus two more (all different shapes and sizes, however...). No pictures, posted yet, either. plus the FAQ I've linked to may change things altogether. So, I'm really not very far along in the making-a-final-choice-in-the-size-department. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise - thanks for posting this info - this looks like a really good project to participate in, I just might have to adopt it!
NancyC
Crooked Cat Studio
Hawaii

Timaree said...

Thanks for sharing. I had forgotten about this. I'll have to look into it.