Over at my blog I am trying to keep an update of my learning process and my journal pages. If I could just remember to grab my camera....
I explained, painfully, of the mishap I had with my first page. I wasn't happy with the bezel I had done, but had decided to leave it anyhow so you could see it and hopefully, share tips for my next time. I finished beading my design (it didn't take as long as I thought) and was all ready to trim the excess and put the backing on. I know you are supposed to be careful here and I really thought I was. But....I did trim the thread. In a few places it seems. Loose beads everywhere. I ended up pulling out the stitching and will have to redo most of my stitching. While I was at it, I pulled out the bezel stitching I didn't like too. Turns out, I didn't need to bezel anything, according to a book I looked at, which was probably why it was floppy.
I considered scraping the whole thing and starting over with a new page, but this was my first one and I wanted it to be the first page. So after letting it sit for a couple of days out of sight, I am going to re-work it. It will be a tad smaller than my stated size, but that really can't be helped at this point.
Lesson one I learned: Do NOT trim your piece in the evening without great lighting.