Friday, January 2, 2009

Thank You Arline

This is my first time blogging and I hope everyone is patient with me. I had to call Arline to find out how to do this. I love beading and beads with all of my heart. Just holding them or looking at them makes me feel good, I don't even have to be beading I can just be organizing them. When I found this site I thought it would be great to be doing the pages, thank you Robin for helping all of us grow and get out of our boxes. I have been beading for over 19 years now and I love to learn new techniques for beading. I am behind with my pages but I plan on getting my tush in gear and catching up. December was a hard month for me but it is over so I can now do my December and January pages. These are my first three pages. Love, Kandra




13 comments:

abeadlady said...

Yay for you!

Arline

Marty S said...

What great pages! I especially love the third one. What did you use for the foundation?

Welcome to the blogosphere!
Marty S
Crackpot Beader

Kandra said...

Hi Marty,
Thank you and I used Lacy's Stiff Stuff. I used felt tip markers to colors my pages and then sprayed rubbing alcohol on my piece and the colors just blend themselves, it is a great way to color your pages.
Kandra

BrenWall61@gmail.com said...

What beautiful work. Thanks for sharing and don't feel bad- I haven't done November, nor finished December, but it is in progress. I am NOT giving up - just getting my "tush" in gear also.

a2susan said...

I love your journal pages! They are full of color and energy. And the rivolis, they are great!

Susan

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Your pages are great! This project is going to grow on you!! Thanks for sharing your work.

Robin said...

Welcome, Kandra! Thanks for writing and posting pictures of your three pages. How wonderful they are, especially when I click on them to see the larger version... At this time of year, I'm particularly drawn to any scrap of sunshine that comes my way, so your September piece really makes me happy! Thanks for explaining how you did the background... they look great!!!!

Robin A.

Jes said...

wow!!! the september sun is simply amazing!

Corinne Loomer said...

Hey Kandra,
Great work my Dear! I'm so happy to see you on the blog! I wish I was going to be seeing you next weekend!
love co

pam T said...

oooo! love your pages so far! looking forward to seeing more!

heidibeads said...

Welcome Kandra! Your first three pages are great - love the sun shine and pumpkin and the wind blowing. Looking forward to seeing your next ones! Happy New Year!

heidibeads said...

Welcome Kandra! Your first three pages are great - love the sun shine and pumpkin and the wind blowing. Looking forward to seeing your next ones! Happy New Year!

Muriel said...

All are beautiful and I especially love the sun!