Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hi, I'm completely behind, so much has been going on in my life, I've been working a second job, which meant I had no time for the last couple of months, then our old dog died and we got a new kitten. I went to Rhinebeck (NY Sheep & Wool Festival) and took along what I needed to get started on my September page, but was so fascinated by the little coiled baskets I learned to make in the class I took that I spent all my free time making those.

I'm thinking that I could actually make them for my BJPs because they do incorporate beads, you can add beads as you make them and add beaded embellishments.

But I need to settle on something and start making my pages.

4 comments:

Robin said...

You're probably not the only person in this project who hasn't started yet, Katherine. But as you correctly stated, it's time to settle on something and start making your pages! Can I get you to make a commitment to us that you will have your September page started, in progress, by Saturday, Oct. 25th? If yes, please give us a report how it goes! Beady blessings, Robin A.

KV said...

Hang in there, Katherine! Once you start on those pages, they will come fast and furious . . .


Kathy V in NM

Bobi said...

I was having a rather stuttery month myself. If the baskets are what you want to make, I say go for it! That helps you make something you love AND helps you complete your BJP self-commitment! Of course, now I'm thinking 'Bead embellished baskets?!!? Whahoo!' lol

Keep thinking and just get a bead on something, it will take off from there :)

Good luck!

-Bobi

Timaree said...

I think the baskets sound great. There are lots of ways to use beads for telling your story in them.